Monday, December 3

Baby Shower Placecards

I was so excited to celebrate my friend's Nikki & Anthony's new addition at the baby shower.  I offered to create placecards for the party.  Since "pink elephants" was the shower theme I decided to of course make pink elephant placecards.  I used this template and printed it at 80% size to create the small elephants.  I used pink glitter paper for the head/ears shape and plain pink cardstock for the body.  I used an x-acto knife to cut the shapes, cutting 1 head/ear shape and 2 body for each placecard needed. 
To assemble the pieces I used a glue stick to connect the two of the "body" pieces together, folding one of the body shapes down so the cards would stand after connected.
Due to the texture and thickness of the glitter paper I used a hot glue gun to attach the head/body pieces to the top.
For the tail, I used plain pink string.  I cut each piece of string 1 inch in size, then I put a small knot on one end to keep the string fro coming apart.  I then used a glue stick to attach the tail to the center of the placecard.
I finalize each placecards with the guest's name written in silver paint pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment