Tuesday, February 14

What's In... My Closet

With much thanks to my dear friend, Dani this is the start of a new series of blog posts called "What's In".  I will share with you different areas of my home and life.  First, is my closet.  I know at first look it looks like a big mess, but it's actually pretty organized.  Anyone that lives in a city (particularity an old city) can tell you, closet space is tough to find.  Thankfully I live on my own.  So the two closets in my apartment are all mine.




The above closet is my "coat closet", which is located in the living space of my apartment.  I use this closet for all of my holiday decorations, wrapping paper, vacuum, tools, clothes, and all those other little extras.  I have two large canvas file boxes on the top shelf to store all of my handbags.  I adore my handbags, so I wish I could have them someplace that I could see them all, and switch styles more often.  This closet all stores all of my formal dresses, suits, coats, jackets, and blazers.  On the inside of the door, I have all of my hats (mostly different styles of Red Sox baseball hats), fingerless gloves (I refuse to ever wear gloves that have fingers), and of course all of my scarfs.



Now for my bedroom closet.  From left to right:
- Scarfs & Belts
- Going Out Shirts
- Button Ups
- Work Pants
- Non-Denim Casual Pants
- Denim
- Dresses
I use the inside of my closet door to hang my go-to cozy lounge wear, my blow dryer, and pajamas.



I'll be the first to admit it, my shoe collection is larger then most people I know.  In my old apartment in the suburbs I was spoiled with two bedroom closets, one of which I used as a shoe closet.  The top shelf is full of all of my designer, and delicate shoes (the silver bin is used for my extra bed sheets).  What can I say, pretty shoes just make me happy.  I've been known to toss on a pair of pretty heels while I cook or clean, even when paired with sweatpants amazing heels always make me feel sexy.



More shoes on the outside of my closet door.  I put off getting one of these to hold my shoes, but as you can see I have more shoes then space.



And finally, MORE SHOES!  The floor of my closet is filled with all of my boots.  I also stacked up two crates on the floor for additional storage.  I use the bottom one for all my sneakers (since I don't wear them very often), and the top one for all of my flip flops (99% of which are Havaianas, my favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment