Monday, February 27

No Single Should Be Without...

Although transportation home seems like something everyone needs, it is extra important for a single girl.  It is always important for a single girl to make sure she has a safe way to get home.  When you are single you often have nights that take you all over the city, so it is important to ensure you never rely on others to get you back to your apartment. 
In Boston, the T is the cheapest way to get around town.  It is my preferred form of travel, but unfortunately the T stops running at around 12:30 (depending on the line), so it is extra important to save some of your cash from your night out for cab fare.  Anytime I go out for a night that I know is going to be a late night out I put the cash needed for cab fare in my back pocket to ensure I will not use it on drinks or cover charges. 
Since after last call cabs are hard to get, I always try to hop in a cab in the middle of the street so they can't say "no I'm not going there" and drive away.  Everyone seems to have their own way, and special location in town for getting a cab after 2AM, my tip find your own way, it's fun trying.  Also, if your cab drive attempts to drive extra slow just to get extra money from you, don't be afraid to speak up.  This is your place you are going too, so tell them the fastest way, and if you want them to drive faster let them know how much cash you have.... "I have $18 it's either going into the cab fare, or towards your tip, if your want a good tip please drive faster".

No comments:

Post a Comment