Wednesday, September 12

What's In My Makeup Bag

The only makeup I carry in my bag during the day our my lip products.  But I decided to share with you all of my everyday makeup favorites.
I like to start my morning makeup routine with MAC Studio Finish Concealer.  It's a great product, I've been using it for years, it includes SPF 35, and it's not too oily.  I use The Body Shop's Lipstick/Concealer Brush.
After my concealer, I use a makeup wedge to apply MAC's Face and Body Foundation.  It's a thin foundation, so it doesn't feel too heavy.
Next after giving this layer a few minutes, I apply Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish Powder.  I use this as my bronzer, which is easily my biggest makeup addiction.  I use the Essence of Beauty Blender Brush from CVS.  This brush only costs $7.99 and it is without question my favorite bronzer brush.  I've tried more expensive brushes and I don't like them because they are small and seem better for blush.  This is a large brush, and it lasts a long time.
I start my eye makeup with my favorite eye liner Mac's Purple Dash Eye Liner.  As any blue eyed girl can tell you, purple makes blue eyes stand out, so this deep purple eye liner is the perfect frame for my blue eyes.
My eye shadow starts with Mac's Naked Lunch Eye Shadow.  I cover my entire lid with this color as a base.  Next, I put Mac's Shale Eye Shadow on the outside edge (both top and bottom) of my lid.  To finalize my lids I put Mac's Trax Eye Shadow on the outside edge (top only).  Then I blend the two colors.
I always coupon my mascara (unless I have a special event).  Although Maybelline Colossal Volum is my everyday favorite, right now I am using Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume.  Which I will say the formula of this mascara is great, but I'm not a huge fan of the brush it comes with because it's too oversized to get the corners.
I carry this above lip products with me all the time.  I can apply all four quickly or just a few of them whenever I need a touch up throughout the day.  Of course I start with Mac's Prep and Prime, I've talked about my love for this product before and it hasn't changed.  It keeps your lips from getting dry and it helps your color last.
  Mac's Subculure Lip Pencil is my daily lip liner, it's a similar color to my natural lips, so it's easy to blend.
My favorite daytime lipstick is Mac's Creme de la Femme.  It's one of their "frost" lipsticks so it's not too shiny, and the color isn't too bold so it's great to wear during the work day.
Finally, my lip gloss Mac's Cultured lip gloss.  It's my go-to product throughout the day.  Mac's gloss isn't sticky like other brands and the slight tint of pink is just enough color to finalize my lip look and makeup look.

Clearly, I'm a MAC girl.  I've been using their product for a long time and I still love just as much as the day I first got it.  Have you ever tried any of these products?  What are some of your favorite colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment