Thursday, March 1

Five Things

One of my favorite things to find out about in magazines and blogs is other peoples lists of things they like, so I decided to share with you five of my favorite beauty products.  For this list I tried to pick items that aren't too expensive, and many of you may not have tried before.
1.  The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask - $22.00
I worked at The Body Shop for a while in college and this was one of the few items that I have kept going back to purchase.  It works well on the occasional breakouts, and it has a great cooling feeling.
2.  Nivea Sun-Kissed Radiant Skin Gradual Tan Moisturizer - $9.99
It's no secret that I enjoy self tanning.  Throughout my years of experimentation with different self tanning products this one has become one of my favorites.  Since it is a gradual tanner is helps to keep dark spots, and orange skin.  I use this one on my legs leading up to weddings.
3.  Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate Hand Cream - $10.00
Since I work with the public, live in a city, and am constantly on the go I wash my hands a lot throughout the day.  To keep my hands from drying out I like to use this hand cream, it has a light fruity scent, and isn't too oily compared to others.
4.  MAC Prep & Prime Lip - $15.00
My dear friend Megan is engaged to a man that just happens to work for the company that makes my favorite makeup, MAC.  On one of my visits with them, he gave me this product and I've been hooked ever since.  I have had many of my friends ask how I get my lip color to stay throughout the day, this product is the answer.  I start with MAC Prep & Prime, then lipstick, then a little gloss.
5.  Sally Hansen Pumice Foot Polish, Lavender - $6.42
Since I work on my feet all day they take a beating.  Using this product weekly helps to feet my feet smooth and from getting too rough.
*Bonus Tips* There is almost always coupons for Nivea lotions in the Sunday paper.  Sally Hansen coupons can also be found in the paper, or in magazines.  The Body Shop puts out Groupons a few times a year, keep an eye out for these so you can stock up.

2 comments:

  1. I need me some of that lotion. Sounds divine! And if I wore enough lipstick, I'd also want the MAC primer. Then again... maybe if I GET the MAC primer, I'll wear more lipstick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wore lipstick until I started using the MAC primer! I didn't like that lipstick seemed to always dry out my lips, and the color didn't last. Now, everyone seems to ask how I get my color to last so long and the primer is kinda like a chap stick.

    ReplyDelete