Monday, March 12

12 Goals for 2012

Here it is, March 12th already!  So, here's the update on my 2012 goals!
1.  WORKOUT REGULARLY... I am excited to report that I have finally canceled my old gym membership (although close to my apartment, I found that I never went after I got home).  I have recently joined the Boston Sports Club, it is only a block away from my work.  It makes it a lot easier to workout, I go there straight from work, therefore no excuses.  I just started last week, and I've already worked out three times.
2.  UNSUBSCRIBE... This goal is basically complete.  After the first few weeks of unsubscribing, it's great to only see the mail I want.
3.  TAKE A VACATION... As I mentioned in my last update, I went away for a few days to visit some of my friends in New Jersey.  I had four days off, it made all the difference in the world.  I felt so refreshed and revived afterward. 
4.  SLEEP IN MY BED... Still nothing!  The pro is one of my friends is moving in with her boyfriend, between them they have more televisions then needed so they are letting me have one for my bedroom, this should help.
5.  STAY CLUTTER FREE... I've remained pretty good with this goal.  I've had contractors coming in and out of my apartment, which has become a really good reason for staying clutter free.
6.  VOLUNTEER MORE... My work with the CCFA is going well.  I have sent out dozens of letters to local businesses asking for gift in kind donations.  Also, my friend Nicole (who is on the "Thomas' Tummy Tamers" team) and I are having a game night themed dinner party.  We are having in a "supper club" style of dinner, where everyone that comes is asked to make an anonymous donation.
7.  DRINK MORE WATER... Since I've been working out over the last week or so, I've done much better with drinking more water.  I normally have one liter a day.  Also, just yesterday I purchased soda for the first time this year.
8.  TAKE MY VITAMINS... Alright here's the truth, I take my vitamins about 70% of the time.  But, I'm doing better than I used too.
9.  LEARN FRENCH... There are some people that I know that learn languages, and other people that struggle with it.  I struggle with it.  Hopefully by my next update I'll be doing better.
10.  SELF TAN... Ick!  I'm so pale right now.  Thankfully Boston is starting to get it's first days of spring-like weather, which is just the push I need to get into the self tanning routine.
11.  OPEN MY MAIL... I've been able to keep this up.  I'll admit I have a small stack of unopened mail, but much better then the stack of mail I used to have back in 2011.
12.  WEAR MORE SKIRTS & DRESSES... I normally wear a dress about once a week or so.  Now that the weather is getting nicer, it is going to get harder to keep this up... making it even more important for me to self tan.

2 comments:

  1. I've been debating joining the gym on my way to/from work too, despite the fact that there is a free one on base. I never want to go once I come home for the day! Hmm, I think I'll look into it. Also, way to go on the mail! Our stack of unopened mail is just ridiculous right now, haha.

    P.S. Who is moving in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing you might want to try is packing your gym bag in the morning and taking it to work with you, it might encourage you to stop at the on base gym before you get home. For me, I know once I get home, that's it i'm done.

    ReplyDelete