Monday, June 7

Ten on Tuesday (Again, on Monday...Get Over It!)

*First please note, that (like always) this list is in no order what so ever.*

1.  I spent my at home recovery time catching up on lots of on demand television.  The free on demand movie I was the most excited to see was "The Hannah Montana Movie".  I never get sick of watching silly little movies, including this one.

2.  On Wednesday my father arrived to the hospital, he came directly from the airport, on business.  I've never been so happy to get on the computer, and most importantly get on facebook.  We are all a little addicted to facebook, but when you're spending several days in the hospital, facebook is like a ticket to "what's happening" in the outside world.

3.  I arrived home from the hospital to find the new July issue of Martha Stewart Living in my mailbox.  It was a great treat to come home too.

4.  My sister in law, Stacey posted a video of my nephew Owen golfing.  It is so darn cute!  I've already watched it several times.

5.  Since I was looking for something to do to help me pass time while recovering at home, I decided to do a little "research".  I know so many people getting married, and they all seem to be asking me my advice on planning (it must be the Martha factor).  I looked up all sorts of DIY wedding things, and already started planning for Dani's shower.  But all that's a surprise! Shhh!

6.  I've been meaning to clean up my apartment for weeks.  Problem is all I ever seem to have time to do is clean little bits here and there.  But once again, due to my boring recovery time my apartment is nice and clean.

7.  I have found one pro to bring in the hospital:  nail polish doesn't chip easily.  I am notorious for two things when it comes to nail polish:  (1) I like having nicely polished nails and (2) my nails ALWAYS seems to be chipping.  But I polished my nails on Monday last week, went into the hospital on Tuesday, and yesterday I did a mere touch up.  Amazing!

8.  I don't care what anyone says, I've watched "Jon & Kate plus Eight" since the start, so I was very excited to watch the "Kate plus Eight" premiere on Sunday night.

9.  A few weeks back my store won a "Fill the Fridge" contest, we had the best email capture results in the district.  The prize was $100 for food for the store.  Since I personally try to only buy food I need, I almost never buy junk food, and I try to keep myself on a tight food budget.  It was so much fun to go food shopping and buy all these snack foods (no worries I got healthy snacks too).  By the way, $100 buys A TON of food!

10.  Most important:  Although I never wish for anyone to go into the hospital, there is one great thing that comes out of being in the hospital.  It makes you understand just how many people care about you.  Friends drop everything to check in with you, family members arrive to be at your bed side (even when you insist they don't have to bother), it's a tough way to realize how much people care, but the important thing is, lots of people out there care.

No comments:

Post a Comment