Friday, September 10

Day Three/Four: My Parents

*For some crazy reason my blogger account didn't like me yesterday, and wouldn't let me sign in, so here is yesterday's "30 days of me" post, "My parents"...

My parents are Bill & Carol, they started dating when my dad was in college, and first met when they were in the same third grade class.  (That's right third grade, and I'm 25 and single).  They had a simple summer wedding (really simple, the reception was at the knights of columbus).

My mother, Carol was an excellent stay at home mom, she was (and still is) always there for us when we need her.  She did have a few different part time jobs over the years, and when she was young she had jobs at a dress factory and as a telephone operator.  One of my mom's greatest talents that she passed onto me, is her baking and cooking ability.  She has an amazing story, growing up as a coal miner's daughter and ending up being a homemaker, of a very beautiful home.

My father, Bill works as an attorney, and has always worked really hard to provide for his family.  We always say that Thomas' are some of the hardest working people you'll ever meet.  His job included lots of traveling both domestically and internationally (including London, Sweden, India, and China).  Without question, my dad's favorite hobby is reading.  He always says that he hopes is eyesight is always good enough to read (oddly enough, all three of his children HATE to read).  His favorite books are books about the Civil War, Gettysburg in particular. 

Now that my parents are empty nesters, they love traveling during their free time.  They have done road trips all over the US, and love going on cruises.  But without question their favorite "getting old" thing is being grandparents!  If they have so much as one day with no plans, they will be doing something with their grandkids.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about your parents... I didn't KNOW your MOM was a COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER! I love that movie, lol. I adore the Thomas family!

    ReplyDelete