Wednesday, September 8

Day Two: First Love

The ultimate single lady, Carrie Bradshaw


I'm pretty much known by every group one of my groups of friends as "the single girl".  Lots of people tell me that I'm not in relationships often because I'm too picky.  But, I think people should be picky about who they get into a relationship with because you spend a lot of time with that person, and how are you suppose to develop feelings for someone that you are settling for?

With that all being said, the longest and most serious relationship I ever had was with my ex, Mike (I have a thing for guys named Mike, I've gone out with quite a few of them).  We went out for a year, and although we did fall in love, I fell out of love, and broke up with him.  Although I often get frustrated with being single, and question if it was the right move, I always know that it was.  He was a nice guy, and we were great together, but in the end we just weren't right for each other.

I've met quite a few men over my years, but as I mentioned it takes something really special to catch my eye.  One of the things I like best about being single is that singles get to go out on way more first dates then committed couples do (the reasons are clear).  Even though most of the dates end up being lack luster, there is nothing better then that excited feeling during the day leading up to the date, your mind a flutter with questions... Is he going to be the one?  Is he going to be cute?  Are we going to go out again after this?
And the dates that don't go so well, at least they lead to great stories that my friends always love hearing about!

1 comment: