Tuesday, May 4

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Over the past week I've visited Target almost everyday.  Since there is a Target right next door to where I work, it has become my "kill time" place, and also a convenient place to run errands before I go into work (which is good since I haven't had a lot of time after work).  One morning while waiting for the pharmacy to open I decided to challenge myself to find something for a few of my friends that I visited over the weekend, but each items had to be significantly under a dollar (meaning .99 doesn't count).  I got scrapbook stickers, asprin, and chewy sweet tarts.
2.  Without question one of my favorite hobbies is baking.  But I haven't baked anything since christmas time.  Mostly because I like baking for other people, and since I don't work with men that eat (and eat a lot) anymore I haven't had requests to make anything.  But to celebrate a few of my closest friend's birthday's they requested I make cream cheese swirled brownies.  It was great to be baking again!
3.  Without question the most exciting event of this past week was have the chance to spend the weekend with three of my six pack girls at the Jersey shore.  It shows that we are true friends, because we always have a blast together, even when we're just hanging out.
4.  I learned some new dance steps over the weekend.  Thanks to my dear friends I'm now ready to do the cupid shuffle for all the weddings I will be attending in the upcoming months.
5.  Just yesterday (while at my "place of the week", Target) I finally found a 2010-2011 calender!  It's a perfect pocket size so I can carry it in my purse, and since it goes till the end of 2011, I can write in my six pack girl's weddings... the dates are saved!
6.  It's hard to believe but I used to only get my hair done twice a year.  As part of my plan to "do it all" I've been going every 6-8 weeks and I've been working on a "hair project", which thanks to my phenomenal hair stylist, Lauren is just about complete.  I've been getting lighter, and lighter highlights each time I go, so that now my hair looks like it has every color in, like a very dirty blond.  I went on Friday, and every time I have an appointment it's one of the highlights (haha, "highlights", get it) of my week.
7.  On of my goals on the quest to perfection is to spend less money (which I know is a goal of just about everyone I know).  I have been trying for months (with very little success) to NOT buy coffee.  But I'm not a huge fan hot coffee, and most importantly I hated cleaning a whole coffee maker just for one cup.  Which is why I'm loving my new Keurig coffee maker.  I've been using it everyday, and the one I got even has an "iced beverage" function!
8.  I would like to thank the people responsible for inventing pizza.  I had pizza four times last week, if it was up to me I would would eat pizza everyday.  It's in my genes, everyone in my family LOVES pizza, in fact we used to have pizza for Christmas!
9.  Once again I was complimented on my nail polish color.  "Nicole by OPI" has a color called "Wink in a Dink in Pink", it's a bright pink.  Almost every friend of mine has at one time or another painted their nails this color because the love it so much.  Just last week while at work, a customer told me she "just loved" my nail polish, she asked me the name of the color, and asked if it was Chanel!  Apprently they make a very similar color.  I told her, Chanel? no, it's from Target!
10.  Due to the super nice weather over the weekend, I got to have barbecue over the weekend.  Being a city dweller that doesn't have access to outdoor barbecuing, it makes me enjoy barbecue even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment